Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Much better!!

Today was much better.  I begged off work for the afternoon so that after my chiro appointment I could just go home and relax, and not go back to sitting at a desk for 4 hours and ruin all the good work that was done.

OMG I feel so much better.  I can negotiate stairs up with no pain, and down with a lot less.  Neck is feeling better too.  I have another appointment on Friday to help get me sorted out properly. 

I'm going to get in weekly right now, while I'm starting up the running and weights again... I must NEVER let myself go this long when I'm feeling poorly again. 

This afternoon I had a major food victory.  I was home, ate my sandwich and watched some netflix with the dog. I snacked on .... NOTHING!  I didn't need food to reward myself or "make the day better".  For a treat I went up and put on a cranberry face mask, read my book and had a hot shower.  

Rewarding myself this was a major step forward... I didn't go out and get foods that I find comfort in to eat on the couch while I'm home alone.  I don't have the guilt of burying the empty containers in the garbage where my husband won't find them.  So good progress from yesterday.

I am happy with my choices.

Today food was excellent, its pretty much the lowest calories that I've eaten in a day... ever?! But I mostly was laying and doing nothing, so its all good.   I'm going to have my evening snack and that should round me out to almost 1,200.

Most rest tonight and back in the saddle tomorrow.


Food:
bfast
Chobani Greek Yogurt - blood orange - 140**
Coffee x2 - 60
lunch
Foot long Subway - Roasted Chicken on whole wheat - 545
(shredded cheese, yellow mustard, ranch, lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, black olives, jalapenos, cucumber)
mini coke zero
dinner
5oz Baked Salmon - 292
3c - Mixes Salad - 20
1T Tangerine dressing - 35
snack
1bag Orville Redenbokers Lime&Salt mini popcorn - 100

total calories: 1,192

**I totally thought that this was in the 250 range it was so rich and thick.  WOW!  140,  pretty awesome!!

2 comments: