Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hungry Monkey on my Back!

Today was a whole lot better.   Phew, cause I really didn't want to keep going on that train.

I didn't get any exercise in, but I had my chiro appointment and I'm feeling better from that.  I'm going to run again tomorrow and then I'm going to try weights on Friday.   Lots more stretching and icing.  I'm on the mend.

Food today was a lesson about sugar and eating like that.  I had this hungry monkey on my back all day and I couldn't stop thinking about food.  It was crazy.   I did good, but to help myself I ate more (more good stuff) then I really wanted to, just to try and stop the "racket" ... ice cream ice cream ice cream.....

I ate a lot of my dinner and after couldn't have eaten any ice cream. Once I felt that, it dropped from my mind and I enjoyed some quiet time watching NOVA and petting the dog.  Much better.

Food:
bfast
egg cheese biscuit - 350
coffee - 30
lunch
Which Wich - buffalo chicken 7inch sammich - 479 (YUM and under 500!!!!!!)
- no cheese, wheat bread, buffalo chicken, yellow mustard, Buffalo sauce, horseradish, red onion,
lettuce, tomato, pepperocinis, cucumber, bell peppers, black olives)
snack
5 gummies - 50
1 package better oats oatmeal (spiced plum) - 170
1/4 c raw oats - 75
"poor mans mocha" - 130  (hot chocolate package, coffee, creamer)
snack 2
Lara bar - gingersnap - 220
dinner
1c rice - 242
2c "Tammys Dog food" - 460*

total calories: 2,206

Now this is more calories then I would like to get in a day, however I did manage to not do a LOT of things that I thought about today.... Soda, chocolate bar (300+), second breakfast (350), chocolate shake (750) at Which Wich, ice cream (300+) after dinner....

A larabar after getting all the grocery shopping done after work is a pretty good treat on the scale of things that I thought about getting. 

So all in all, I think that this was a pretty good recovery day!

*Tammy's dog food is - 2 onions, 1 pkg Jennie O ground turkey (97/3), pepper, taco seasoning, 3c frozen mixed veg.  Looks horrible, tastes great!!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, "dog food" ... I used to make something like that all the time when I was first losing weight. Ground turkey, refried beans, and rice, with sriracha sauce ... served over shredded lettuce. Like a tortilla-less taco! YUM!

    ReplyDelete