Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Balancing my Daily Calories

Man, I was DRAGGING today.   I just could not get enough sleep last night.   I can't wait to hit the hay tonight.  But first... blogging my food.

I didn't get any real exercise today, I was beat from all the walking yesterday.  So I'm hoping to get a good nights rest and be chipper tomorrow.

Okay - Food:
bfast (520)
1 pkg better oats - 170
1/2c raw oats - 150
coffee x 2 - 60
chiobhani Peach yogurt - 140
lunch (512)
1c rice - 242
1c Tammy's dog food - 230
1c Salad greens - 10
1tsp dressing - 30
coke zero mini (half) - 0
snack (360)
1 pkg hot chocolate - 110
coffee - 30
5 gummies - 50
1 pkg better oats - 170
dinner (700)
5 raw almonds - 35
2.5 Jennie O turkey Bratwursts - 425
2 slices toast - 100
5T yellow mustard - 0
1 1/4 c peas - 140

total calories: 2,084

Funny.  I'm REALLY glad that I did this today.  This is one of the better calories days I've had.  But this afternoon I was totally ravenous. I just couldn't figure it out. I felt almost out of control hungry. I had my "poor mans mocha latte", then I had some gummie candy, I really felt like I was on the verge of freaking out. 

But looking at this I realize that my problem is that I had TOO LITTLE food in the morning.   My lunch was too small.   I need to make sure that I get in a big breakfast and getting into the 600's for those meals so that I don't have horrible afternoons of snack attacks. 

At dinner tonight I was only going to have 2 sausages, but then there was just one left and we were hungry so we split it.   However, if I had made better lunch and breakfast choices, I wouldn't have had to eat so much in the evening.

So... note to self.   BETTER BREAKFAST.

Its the old adage..... eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a lord, and dinner like a pauper.


15 weeks until my Iceland trip.  The rest of this week is for the Ponies!!!



1 comment: