Monday, January 16, 2012

Starting 2012

Am I a Resolutioner?   Maybe.  All I know is that I stepped up on the scale this year and it was 306.6.   I was scared.  I was tired.  I was mad.  I had so many emotions that I don't think that I can list them all. 

Shame....hate.....loathing....exasperation....desperation......

Being yo-yo fat for all my life has taken a toll on me, and I'm tired of it. I need to make a real change and find a place where I am happy and healthy.  

I should have known how that I was topping 300 when I stepped up that morning.  I have been having all kinds of issues.  Heart burn, insomnia, joint pain, exhaustion, inability to wake up in the mornings once I am asleep. 

I spent the last 2 weeks watching the Biggest Loser on netflix...Season 7.  The one with Helen, Tara, Kristen, Filipe and Sione (and the others) and I have been inspired. 

If they can lose 100+lbs in 16 weeks.... then I can can lose 10lbs a month for the next 6 months. Hard, yes.  Change is difficult.  I think that is going to be my mantra.

My Goal:
Lose 60 lbs by July 31 (6 months + 12days)

How:


Fitness:
Tuesday/Thursday/Saturdays: Couch to 5K workouts
Monday/Wednesday/Friday: Kettle bell workout at home.

Food:
Eat less
No more drinking calories in soda
Bring my lunch to work 4/5 days a week
No more snacking in the afternoons
Feel hungry before each meal


Seems simple enough.  I can tell you that it is and isn't.  I've been on and off fat for all my life, and there is an element of control that is more difficult the "do it".  But that is exactly what I am going to do.   I have to make a change.  I have to learn to think differently. I have to understand that this is going to be uncomfortable and that I won't like it, but that I am going to do it anyway.

There.  Statement is out there.  The world knows.  I know.   The fat... it doesn't know, but its going to learn.

Declaration signed, sealed and delivered.  Tammy.  Its Time. Time to change your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment