Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Celebration of a single sausage

yes... that is right.  I'm celebrating a sausage.   Last night the Husbeast and I talked about what we were going to have for dinner.  We settled on bubble and squeak (potatoes, kale and cabbage) and sausages.   Yes...sausageS!   Until this morning when I took them out of the freezer and glanced at the calories, so that I could plan my day and saw that a SINGLE SAUSAGE was 360 calories.   Sweet zombie jebuz.   That's my entire breakfast!! 

So I said, "Self, you can do this, but only if you have 1 sausage".  I am unhappy to admit that typically it was 2.5 sausages... which is a gut expanding 900 calories.  Tammy... you didn't get to 300lbs by eating carrots and celery...where did you think that it came from??

So, I planned my meals out in the morning and saw that I was going to have to be very good all day if I was even going to be able to eat my single sausage.

And I was!!!!!

I would also like to note "to self" that I wore a pair of pants that I had been previously avoiding without admitting why (didn't fit) and today, they buttoned up comfortabley.  There you go.

Food today:

bfast
Egg, cheese & biscuit - 350
Coffee - 30
lunch
2 better oats packages (Chai & Cin spice) - 340
1/4c plain oats - 75
coffee - 30
snack
3 m&m's - 30 
dinner
1c savoy cabbage (steamed) - 34
1c Kale (steamed) - 17
1 tsp icbinb - 23
1 Itallian spicy sausage - 360
1T HP sauce - 60
2 med Red potatoes - 308
Coke Zero (mini) - 0

Total: 1,657

WOOWOO!!!!!   I had a single sausage for dinner and I'm proud.  That single sausage did just fine. I didn't die of starvation (what?!) and it was delish and the right portion and it filled me up.

Here is to changing behaviors.

Exercise:

This was not as good today. I've been foot sore, hip sore, tired and lack luster all day and last night.  I skipped my weights today and opted for a light walk with the dog, and I'm going to go and do some stretching, then read and hope to be asleep before 10.30 tonight. 

Running tomorrow!  Going to be good and rested!  


3 comments:

  1. What a great NSV! I switched to turkey sausage when I started eating better - it's a bit leaner, and usually 140-160 calories for a link. I split them open and form a patty to make a sausage burger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Turkey sausage it is from here out. Jennie-o's has one that we are going to try next time!

      Delete