Thursday, January 26, 2012

Couch 2 5K - Day 5

My running buddy is sick so I was on my own for this one. 

I ended up running an extra set (1.5min running, 2min walking). I thought that I might have "fat fingered" the screen  accidentally because I was behind where I would normally be when finishing.  After the extra set was done, I remembered that I had to do a 1 block detour at the start, so I was actually ahead!  All Good!

Distance today was 3.05km!   Not too shabby.   However, my left hip is killing me. :(  Ahh the life of joints on an obese person - they are bearing load for the weight of two right now, and this hip is just not happy.   Of course, riding a desk all day as a job is not helpful.   I've got to get it stretched out and I am getting aggressive on the foam roller tonight!!!

I'm going to give the glutes and IT Band a good going over and that should help a lot.  Also...Hello Ibuprofen my sweet sweet lover.  Come to Tammy.

Food today was good today.   I'm really pleased with my more conscious eating, particularly at the office and in the evenings.  No mindless grazing.

Food:

bfast
Liberte yogurt - strawberry - 270
coffee - 30
Lunch (yesterdays dinner leftovers)
1c savoy cabbage (steamed) - 34
1c Kale (steamed) - 17
1 Italian spicy sausage - 360
1T HP sauce - 60
2 med Red potatoes - 308
1 Coke Zero (mini) - 0
Snack
coffee - 30
3 gummies - 30
Dinner
1 can Amy's tomato bisque - 360
4 slices Natures Own double fiber bread - 200
2 slices Provolone cheese - 160
1T icbinb - 45

Total calories: 1,904

About 100 calories more then I was aiming for, but I'm very pleased with my choices today.  It wasn't burgers and chips.  I was thinking of only having a single sandwich with my soup, but I was actually hungry, so I had two.  Next time I'll make three and split one with the Husbeast.   Why didn't I think of THAT earlier.   rawr.   Time to get funky on the floor (after some blog reading!).

No comments:

Post a Comment