Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Couch 2 5K - Day 1

Can I just say that I LOVE the iPhone Couch 2 5k app! It's the bomb. Best 99cents I've spent on an app. You get to choose your "trainer".  We had Sargent Block! LOL   Listen up maggots, you are going to run! 

Day 1 is done.  It was easier then I thought, but I'm pretty sure that it is going to get harder fast.   I did have a friend to jog with, and the talking and shared suffering makes it easier.    I also had a friend "phone in", she did her day 1 with us, on a treadmill in another city!   Ah technology, how far we have come.  We started our apps at the same time and she called in to report on her run after.  

I know the workout is good when the dog snoozes extra hard through the Biggest Loser episode. 

I'm tired and a little sore. I am going to stretch before bed right after I'm done here.

Eating today... fair to middling.  I did good on food until the afternoon.  I hadn't had enough water and started fading... had some sugary snacks.  Tomorrow - H2O is first thing on the list of things to get in the morning.  Fill the bottle and sit it on the desk.

Tomorrow is my kettle bell work-out.  I'll fill in the details then.  Now, time to finish my water, get rolled out, and get to bed.   I have a few books on the go and need to get some reading in before lights out.


Food:
eggs & cheese biscuit - 350
Coffee with 1T creamer - 20

1 can heinz beans - 244
2 eggs - 147
2T HP sauce - 30
2 slices bread - 100 (Natures own - double fiber)

4 rolos - 105
1 bag snapea crisps - 450
2 sour gummies - 33

1 can Amy's tomato soup - 260
4 slices bread - 200
3 slices swiss cheese - 319
1T  icbinb - 45
1/2c pumpkin ice cream - 260

total calories: 2,563

I need to get that down by about 750. I would like to get between 1,500 - 1,800 calories a day.  If I hadn't had those damn snacks... I would have been pretty close for the day.  

Wow, I was totally NOT going to track my calories.   This little late night brain exercise was good.  CLEARLY... I'm fat because I eat too much and this is a prime example. Unitl I wrote this out, I was thinking that I did REALLY GOOD...  but no, I have really good denial of how much I eat.  Add brutal snacking habits to that and here we are 300+ lbs.

Did I REALLY need TWO grilled cheese sandwiches with my soup for dinner?  I don't think so.  In fact, I'm still full now, and its hours later.

Food for thought Tammy. You have to start regulating AT the meal time.

Tomorrow I will do better.





No comments:

Post a Comment