Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Night Rest

Limping around today. I have definitely overdone my running and weights. I guess I underestimated the amount of stairs that I do everyday at home and the extra stress that gives me on top of the rest of it. We have a three floor townhome, each floor is 15 steps up and I’m up and down those bad boys all the evening when I’m in. My left hip has staged a revolt. It is not happy.

Tonight I’m going to let the Husbeast walk the dog, and I’m going to ice my hip, rest and relax and see if this inflammation/pain won’t go away. Tonight is prime TV night…Kitchen Nightmares, Grimm and Fringe, so it’s the perfect time for laying on the couch suffering.

In happy news. Eating is really going well. I’ve tried calorie counting before, but always ended up getting bogged down with tracking the calories, fats, proteins, and carbs. It ended up being so much work that I just would quit. 

There is an unquantifiable difference this time with my attitude and weight. I’m not sure what exactly it is, and I don’t want to spook it away by talking about it, but I feel different. More resolute. More determined. More “when, not if”. I’m changing, my body is responding. I’m … happy instead of stressed out. There have been ups and downs – I weigh myself most mornings, but instead of seeing a +2 and crying, then seeing a -4 and cheering, I’m happier all around – there is a downwards trend and I’m doing the right things. Eating less, moving more, enjoying life. 

Today at lunch I was invited out at the last minute. I was planning on going home to eat beans and toast, but landed at the pub. I had water, and a BLT toasted on sourdough. The sandwich was small, but it’s the $4.00 lunch special. It came with a little cup of coleslaw, which was horrible. So… I DIDN”T EAT IT. A revelation for someone like me so scarfs everything put in front of her. I just didn’t like it, so I didn’t eat it. The toast was really thin, there was very little to the sandwich and I was pleased.

Food today:
Bfast
Egg Cheese biscuit – 350
Coffee – 30
Snack
Oatmeal (spiced plum) – 170
Coffee - 30
Lunch
2 thin slices of Sourdough – 175
2 slices Tomato – 7
1 tsp mayo - 30
1 lettuce leaf - 5
2 slice bacon – 92
1T coleslaw - 11
Snack
Oatmeal – 170
1/4c nude oats - 75
Dinner
½ med Acorn squash - 112
½ box Couscous – 375
Snack
1/2c ice cream - 200

1,832

 Perfection! I even had room for some ice cream today!! Rest and iceing my hip is in order!

2 comments:

  1. Beans and toast... You must be British! My husband has a friend from Wales and he would eat beans and toast!

    I know what you mean about things being different this time. I feel the same way! I've always said that, "This time is different" but this time REALLY is!

    I weigh myself about 20 times a day! I see lots of ups and downs! The only weight that I ever count as a loss or gain is my Weight Watchers weigh in. Same time, same day, same outfit every week!

    We used to live in a townhouse with 3 floors. The laundry was on the bottom level and our bedroom was on the top level. I HATED laundry!!!

    And good job listening to your body. I'm struggling with that. I had a scheduled workout yesterday, but I was so exhausted in the morning and I felt sick to my stomach in the evening, so I told myself to listen to my body. I feel like it's actually my brain trying to trick me into quitting. Sounds crazy, I know!

    Keep up the good work! (And thanks for reading!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY BEANS!!! I lived in the UK for a number of years, so I picked up a lot of habits from there. I visit the english shop here in Houston lots, but stay away from the chocolates and aim for the beans!!

    Thank the gawds that our laundry is on the same floor as the bedroom... that would be hell if I had to truck the sheets and towels up and down. Yikes!

    Yes..the hip is still bothering me today - Iced yesterday and today. Its a little better, so I'm going to keep resting this weekend and then see how it goes Monday.

    I do feel like I'm whimping out, but I can't walk up the stairs normally, so I'm going to use that as my gage for now.

    and thank YOU for reading!! :)

    ReplyDelete