Saturday, January 21, 2012

Couch 2 5 K - Day 3

I made it to Saturday morning.  and I've already done a days with of chores and its only noon.  

8.30am we dropped the car off for a service and upgrade for some recall that needed doing.  The Husbeast and I went off to the HEB for an early morning shop for the next 10-12 days of food.  Its so much less savage in there with fewer people.




Beets, cabbage, onions, potatoes, oranges, onions, kale, acorn squash, spaghetti squash, ground turkey (2 pks), hot sausage (1pk), shrimp, provalone & sharp chedder sliced cheese, better oats oatmeal packages (5 boxes various...spiced plum is one of my favs! if you haven't tried it), frozen mixed veg, frozen brussel sprouts steamers (2), flavored couscous packages (4), pasta sauce (2), whole wheat pasta, whole wheat gnocchi, heinz beans (3), Amys tomato bisque soup (4), Natural Peanut butter, TP, ibuprofen, kitchen sponge (2), gluclosamine. 

A couple of other things I can't remember... $152.00... not too shabby. 

Evening meals planned for this weekend and coming week:
bubble and squeek with sausage (mashed potato with chopped cooked cabbage and kale)
Couscous & acorn squash
Spaghetti Squash, pasta sauce with ground turkey
Beans & toast
Soup & grilled cheese
"jacket potatoes" stuffed with tuna and mixed veg
gnocchi and pasta sauce
Couscous with shrimp & brussel sprouts
Tammys "dog food".  Sauteed ground turkey, chopped onion with taco seasoning with frozen mixed veg over rice.
Pasta with sauce & brussel sprouts

Need to stop and get some more eggs and bread... they were forgotten and I love eggs, beans and toast for lunches.

Running:

Got home and called my running buddy, was over there at 10 and we did day three of the couch 2 5K.  Running portion - 2.52km. Walking extra 1.6km.  Total of 4.12km for me today.

It's just so much easier to get out and do it when there is someone to go with. I'm still enjoying it. I know that its going to get harder, I just have to keep reminding myself that it is not supposed to be easy.  Just get out and do it.


Weights:
YES!!!!!  I did it!!! 

Set 1.
10 sumo squats with KB between legs
crunches - 40
15 KB swings
planks - 10 count
10 KB High Clean pulls - Right arm
wall sits - 20 count
10 KB High Clean pulls - Right arm
push ups - 15

Set 2
10 sumo squats with KB between legs
crunches - 40
15 KB swings
planks - 10 count
10 KB High Clean pulls - Right arm
wall sits - 21 count
10 KB High Clean pulls - Right arm
push ups - 20
I was puffing and sweaty when this was done.  The dog eyeballed me the whole time like I was a crazy person.  I'm not sure how I feel about an audience right now!  LOL

okay - lunch is calling and I'll put my food in later today when its all done.

1 comment:

  1. I love meal planning! Of course my husband doesn't always want what I have planned but we switch up days! Way to go on the couch to 5k! I ran today for the first time in a long time and it felt great!

    ReplyDelete